Am new user and not sure if my Dropbox (Windows) is set up to sync properly with 1Password

Options
jmmyray
jmmyray
Community Member
edited January 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Your "getting started" guide says the following, but I don't know if this applies to my situation:

If there is a different vault in Dropbox that has the same name as your current vault, you will need to rename it before you can move the current vault. For example, if you currently have 1Password.agilekeychain open, but there is already a vault with that name in Dropbox, you will need to open your Dropbox folder and change that vault’s name to something different.

In my 1Password this is what is listed under preferences/general as the 1Password vault: C:\Users\Jimmyray\Dropbox\Apps\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain

So, to be clear, am not sure if this is a "different vault" or the same name as the "current vault" as in the User Guide above, or do I need to change the vault name? Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:Not sure if DropBox vault sync is set up correctly on Windows

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi @jmmyray,

In your case as a new user, it sounds like you're only using one vault and you've moved it to your Dropbox folder properly on your PC based on what the settings show.

So, we just need to configure the other 1Password apps to use that 1Password.agilekeychain folder in your Dropbox > Apps > 1Password directory.

Can you tell me more about your devices that you want to sync your 1Password data with?

To clarify what the guide is referring to; some people have more than one vault that they've created on separate devices and they want to move all of them into Dropbox. By default, all 1Password apps will create the first vault as 1Password.agilekeychain. To make sure you don't accidentally overwrite one copy that already is in the Dropbox folder, we will gray out the Move to Dropbox button if there's an existing folder with the same name as the local vault that 1Password is using. To work around this, you would have to rename it but usually, you only do this if you know for sure you want to move a secondary vault, not use the same vault in the Dropbox folder.

This discussion has been closed.