1Password Infinite Wi-Fi sync [Confirmed bug with OPVault and attachments, working on it]

Options
CyberNaruto
CyberNaruto
Community Member
edited January 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

when doing wifi sync to my ios devices the sync syncs everything but continues on a loop continuously, i left it for an hour and it was still looping :( 4.6.0 beta 599

1Password Version: 4.6.0 beta 599
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member
    Options

also yes i have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it :/

• denisdp
    denisdp
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here

• MikeT
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi guys,

@denisdp, I've replied to your other thread related to this bug.

@CyberNaruto, this is a known bug that we're investigating right now. You can close the Wi-Fi sync or terminate it by force and it'll finish the sync. Are you by any chance using the OPVault format and have attachments in your data?

ref: OPI-3345

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member
    Options

yes and yes O.O

• Hi @CyberNaruto,

That confirms that it is the same issue. We hope to have more information on this soon.

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thank you :)

• MikeT
    edited January 2016
    Options

You're welcome. Here's our bug report ID to follow up: OPI-3345

I'll update you as soon as I get more information from our teams. Right now, majority of the company is on a weeklong company conference and we should get back to normal on Monday or Tuesday. That may be the time when I can get an update for you.

Again, we are sorry for taking this long, guys.

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member
    Options

it's still doing this only now the number of synced items just keeps going up, (i let it sync for about 1-3 minutes and it went up to 1000+ items although i have way less :/

• We're still looking into the issue. It's a hard-to-reproduce bug in the Wi-Fi sync feature.

I'm sorry that we don't have better news at the moment.

• denisdp
    denisdp
    Community Member
    Options

I do not get how this is hard to reproduce, this has happened to me every time I have attempted to sync it over wifi. I was able to reproduce it on different windows machines. We have already sent several diagnostic reports and you seemed to have a good understanding of what was causing the issue.

This is starting to be really annoying especially because this was a feature that used to work, so I do not understand how such a regression could occur.

I know that if I stop the sync, all my passwords are synced but my attachments are not and this is not good. I am having this issue at work where wifi sync is my only syncing option (dropbox has been blocked by IT...). This feature is a critical one so please put it as one of your top priorities for the next release.

If any additional data is required, please let us know.

• Hi @denisdp,

We understand how incredibly frustrating this issue is and we're working on it.
    We have good amounts of data and the bug can be reproduced but the results aren't always consistent, making more investigation necessary.

We must continue to ask for your patience and we promise to share any news as soon as we have it.

• MikeT
    edited February 2016
    Options

Note that this isn't an issue with the Windows program only, it's an issue in the iOS app as well, which makes it even harder to fix quickly.

This will require an update to the iOS app but we have to test to make sure it does not cause new problems nor regressed with other 1Password apps on all platforms.

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member
    Options

any update? :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016
    Options

No news yet, but we're working on ways to address this on both platforms. Thanks for your patience! :blush:

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member
    Options

Checking in again :'(

• Sorry @CyberNaruto,

We're still working on this issue. It's proving quite tricky.

We'll be in touch once we have news.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @CyberNaruto,

I've replied to your email with a workaround that seems to work now in the latest beta.

This discussion has been closed.