I have deleted one password from a net book. Can I install it in a new laptop?

Options

Please note title. It says it all.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have deleted one password from a net book. Can I install it in a new laptop?

Comments

• pekellyco
    pekellyco
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to install 1Password on my new laptop. I created a new folder of passwords and sent it to dropbox. After much difficulty, I was able to install the folder in 1Password on the new laptop. The problem is that the passwords and in the first column and the name of the website in the second column. Is there a way to switch the columns? In the present configuration I can't import a password to a specific website. Thanks for your help.

OS Version: Windows 10
    Sync Type: unknown
    Referrer: forum-search:how to switch password and user name in colums

• pekellyco
    pekellyco
    Community Member
    Options

Done

• pekellyco
    pekellyco
    Community Member
    Options

I couldn't find my question was posted, so I'll try here. I created !Password on my new small laptop. I created a folder of passwords from my original 1Password and exported them to Dropbox. After great difficulty, I imported the folder in 1Password on the new laptop. However, the columns are switched, i.e., the passwords are in the first column and the sites in the second column. Thus, they are unusable. Is there anyway to switch the columns? How do I proceed?

OS Version: Windows10
    Sync Type: ?
    Referrer: forum-search:how to switch password and user name in colums

• pekellyco
    pekellyco
    Community Member
    Options

I deleted the passwords, started over and got it correct.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pekellyco: I hope you don't mind, but I've merged your posts together to answer your questions in one place and avoid confusion. :)

I have deleted one password from a net book. Can I install it in a new laptop?

I'm glad you were able to get it installed, but I did want to address your original question: a single 1Password for Windows license entitles you (and up to 5 family members in your household) to use it on all of your PCs, so there's no limit on where you can install it. :sunglasses:

The problem is that the passwords and in the first column and the name of the website in the second column. Is there a way to switch the columns? In the present configuration I can't import a password to a specific website. Thanks for your help.

@pekellyco: I'm not sure what you mean. The columns in the item list are (from left to right) Title, Location, Type, and Modified. It is not possible to switch columns, but you can add Folder (for All) and Username (for Logins) in the View Menu.

Keep in mind that you can use the Search box in the upper right corner of the window to find specific logins (rather than trying to scroll through all of them).

Let me us what you're trying to do, and we'll be happy to help you get things setup — if you haven't already! :)

This discussion has been closed.