.1password does not automatically ask me to save passwords. I am using Windows 10. New user.

I recently downloaded 1password for windows at the urging of a colleague. I have been using LastPass with no issues. The download was successfull and I was able to create a vault BUT the application does not automatically prompt me on sites to add to 1Password. Eventually, I am wanting to use the application both on IE11 and Chrome on both my PC and other devices (Ipad Air 2 and iPhone 6Plus). However, I do not get a toolbar icon for 1password in IE at all and I do see a toolbar icon in Chrome but I get the error message about "chrome is connected but code signature could not be verified." All is very ugly at the point and I have tried to reinstall twice but to no avail. Almost ready to abandon this effort and go back to LastPass if I cannot get full functionality soon.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:.1password does not automatically ask me to save passwords. I am using Windows 10.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@islandcats: Sorry for the confusion! It sounds like the cause may be the same for both Internet Explorer and Chrome: if some 'security' software is preventing the extension from being installed (or otherwise blocking the connection), that would explain why it isn't showing up in IE, and why you're seeing the error in Chrome. Be sure to disable anything that might be interfering temporarily to help narrow down the cause, and then check that it's setup properly:

Missing extension button (Internet Explorer)

And then follow the steps in this guide to help narrow down what's preventing 1Password from communicating with the browser:

1Password extension troubleshooting

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

This discussion has been closed.