I use PGP zip which contains MS Word files, each one of which contains login name and password.

I want to transfer all this data into 1Password in order to stop using PGP zip. Any ideas?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:import

Comments

• Hi @paul_whitehouse,

How is your data structured in MS Word, is it in a table structure that you can copy to Excel and export to CSV?

• paul_whitehouse
    paul_whitehouse
    Community Member

Hi MikeT
    Rather unstructured; but I can export the contents of the MS word file and paste it into Excel, structure it and export it to a CSV file. It's just that I have a large number of these Word files, probably incomplete with respect to what 1Passport needs. Typically I copy the password from the MS word document and paste it to the login field. I had hoped for a simple copy and paste option to transfer my login records!

• Hi @paul_whitehouse,

What you can do is instead of importing this, which may not work well enough, is to use 1Password extension in your browser alongside your usual workflow.

Basically, when you copy and paste into your browser, you can ask 1Password to save the Login for you by submitting the form or by clicking on the 1Password icon to select Settings > Save New Login. 1Password will then save your data along with the website address, so that it can fill in properly next time you use it.

As soon as you do this, you can then remove this data from your word file. Repeat this process over time and eventually, most of your data will be in 1Password and you can archive your zip files.

Be sure to back up your PGP zip file first before you make any changes.

This discussion has been closed.