No "convert to login" for windows?

Are there plans to include this feature in the Windows version in the near future? I didn't get to bring my Mac with me on my current business trip, and I'm really missing the convert to login feature. I'm doing this manually as quickly as possible, but it would save me a ton of time to have this feature in Windows!

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 Professional
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @komrad,

It's not in the plans at the moment but I'll add your vote to our list to bring this over to the Windows version. Thanks for letting us know that this is useful for you.

• blakewood1
    blakewood1
    Community Member

I second the vote for this feature in Windows. We have a lot of legacy 1Password data that needs to be converted. This is creating issues moving between the new mobile (iOS) versions and windows as changes made to Generic Accounts do not show up.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@blakewood1: Thanks for the vote! Oddly enough, Generic Account items should show up as Logins in 1Password for iOS. Are you certain they're missing?

• blakewood1
    blakewood1
    Community Member

They aren't missing in iOS, They do show up as logins there. There are just more default features in the Windows app for logins. I also found that modifying certain fields or adding additional fields to a Generic Account from iOS doesn't show up in the Windows app.

• Hi @blakewood1,

there are just more default features in the Windows app for logins.

I'm not sure what default features you're referring to, the Login item is the same on all platforms.

The current Windows app does show older categories that no longer exist in the latest 1Password versions on OS X, iOS and Android such as Accounts/Wallet groups and certain categories like Generic Account/FTP/Amazon/IM/etc are converted to Logins when you make changes to them in the iOS or OS X apps, which means they'll show up as Logins in the Windows app now.

I also found that modifying certain fields or adding additional fields to a Generic Account from iOS doesn't show up in the Windows app.

I assume you mean the Login item since Generic Account do not exist in the iOS app anymore. I just added custom fields to the same item that was created as Generic Account item in the Windows app, sync'ed to iOS app as Login and then it showed back up as Login in the Windows app. Here's what it shows:

Can you give me an example of what's not showing up?

This discussion has been closed.