Windows syncing with Mac software

Hi use a Windows desktop and an iMac I have purchased both applications but I can't figure out how to connect the Windows software to the Mac software so all my passwords stay in sync across them both automatically..
can anyone help please? :)

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2016

Hi @superm4n,

The most common way to sync your 1Password data between both Windows and Mac computers is to use Dropbox, Dropbox will ensure that your 1Password folder is in sync on all of your computers.

Would you be willing to use Dropbox or do you have your own method of syncing data between both Windows PC and Macs?

• superm4n
    superm4n
    Community Member

I use iCloud, Livedrive, One drive are they not the same thing as drop box? If not I'll give Dropbox a go and add another cloud folder to the ever growing list lol

• Hi @superm4n,

Dropbox is a separate service and 1Password is tuned for it. We can sync your file using iCloud Drive but only if it is just your PCs and your Macs and no mobile devices are included.

1. Use this guide to get started with Dropbox on your Mac
    2. Install Dropbox on your PC from https://www.dropbox.com and after everything is done syncing, open 1Password, it should detect the vault in your Dropbox folder from the Mac. Select it and you should then be able to unlock the vault with the same password from your Mac.

I hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.