Slow login on Firefox and 1password4 app

MR_Y
MR_Y
Community Member
edited February 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello dear community and support members,

Last week i wiped my Windows and reinstalled everything from scratch.
I have the problem that on firefox and on the 1password4 applikation I have to wait more than 20 secs until the secure login desktop appears.

There is also a kind of lag after pushing the Firefox 1PW button. The system CPU stays low at 1-3 % usage.
I tried a new firefox profle with only 1PW extension being installed but I had the same "bug".
Also interesting part is, that even I have already unlocked the 1PW extension on Firefox and login on another website, it takes again a long time to show up the available logins.

Trying to speed up the 1PW in the menu (maxim. performance setting) didnt change anything.

I didn't install any new windows application. Even my Antivirus is set on lower detection rate (before reinstalling Windows it was on high det. rate). I have the same settings as before.

The Windows UAC is set on standard. Windows is up to date.
I am always working as a non-admin user on windows.

Now I'm stuck with my problem and don't know how to solve this problem.

PC:
Intel I7 2,3 GHz
SSD (with 1PW data on it)
10 GB RAM

Version 4.6.0.598
Logins: <500
Windows 7 64 as standard user
Bitdefender AV (only AV) settings: medium detection rate

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: Win 7 Pro 64
Sync Type: offline sync

Comments

• Hi @MR_Y,

Could you reproduce the issue and then generate the 1Password diagnostic report before emailing it to us. We'd love to see what the report shows.

Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• MR_Y
    MR_Y
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

Hi @MikeT

I sent you the mail.

One more info:

I also tried the beta plugin.

• MikeT
    edited February 2016

Hi @MR_Y, I've found your email and have replied to it.

ref: TIU-52495-763

• MR_Y
    MR_Y
    Community Member

Dear @MikeT,

You gave me the right hint. It had something to do with the tinywall app.
    The two tinywall.exe process seem to be normal, due to standard user login. But tinywall has to be configured right to work with 1PW (even if 1Password data is stored offline)

The solution is simple:
    It seems like C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe must be allowed.

Steps:

• Close Firefox and start learning mode on Tinywall.
    • Then start firefox and click once on the 1PW button.
    • Now you can stop the learning mode on Tinywall by switching to normal mode.

Thank you MikeT

• MikeT
    edited February 2016

That's great to hear, thank you for letting us know what you had to do to fix it.

By the way, the 1Password extensions have no UI or data, it handles the filling and saving but for your actual data, it communicates securely via a local websocket port to 1Password Helper that's running on your computer. 1Password Helper handles the data and the UI for the extensions.

That's why you had to adjust Firefox because it handles the websocket communication stack for the 1Password extension. Please keep this in mind in the future if you change to a different browser, you may have to allow them before 1Password can work with the extension in that specific browser.

This discussion has been closed.