I'm new... help!

Loaded all my info in 1Password for Windows on work PC... now I want to sync to MacBook Pro and/or IPhone6S (have 1Password for all devices).

I have read the users guide and I have a dropbox account but nothing happening.

Bottom line is I need to sync iphone and MBPro from info that in on 1Password on my work PC. Is this possible?

I appreciate any suggests or assistance. Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @doctorchew,

Yes, it is possible to sync your 1Password data between all of your computers and devices with Dropbox.

Let's focus on your work PC first:

1. Have you installed Dropbox client from https://www.dropbox.com?
    2. Have you moved your 1Password data to the Dropbox folder by opening the main 1Password program, unlock, and going to the File Menu > Preferences > General to click on Move to Dropbox?
  • doctorchew
    doctorchew
    Community Member

Thanks Mike.

Yes https://www.dropbox.com is already installed. I use dropbox. When I click on {Move to Dropbox} it tells me it's not installed and I get pop-up box "Would you like to download and install dropbox now?"

So...I'm stuck...any suggestions?

• Hi @doctorchew
    Do you see Dropbox application in Windows start menu or Dropbox icon on the task bar?

Vitaly. AgileBits

• Hi @doctorchew,

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• doctorchew
    doctorchew
    Community Member

I guess before I was just entering the dropbox.com in my browser and my account would come up.

*Then I actually downloaded dropbox onto my PC....
    in the dropbox file I see.... an "Apps" folder which has a 1Password folder...and inside of it is "1Password.agilekeychain"

Also in the dropbox folder there's ".ws.agile.1Password.settings"

There's also a couple of folders of photos that I had previously placed in dropbox.

Does this seem right? What now? Thanks so much!

• MikeT
    edited February 2016

Hi @doctorchew,

1. Open 1Password on your PC
    2. Go to the File Menu > Open 1Password Vault, select the 1Password.agilekeychain folder from your Dropbox > Apps > 1Password directory.

Unlock the vault and can you confirm if it shows your data from your Mac or iOS devices?

• doctorchew
    doctorchew
    Community Member

Mike, the file structure seems right... But I don't have any data in my Mac or IPhone presently. All my data was loaded into my work PC. Haven't put anything in other devices.

I want data in my PC to go to my mac and iphone.

• MikeT
    edited February 2016

Hi @doctorchew,

Right, I just need to know if it is the same vault that your Mac and iOS apps are using. You can create a test item on your PC and see if it shows up in your Mac and iOS apps. If yes, what we can do is copy the data from the PC vault into the Dropbox vault and this could be the simplest option.

There is a harder way where we can archive the one in the Dropbox folder, move your PC vault into Dropbox and reset your 1Password apps on OS X and iOS to start from the beginning and use the Dropbox vault.

Let me know what you'd like to do.

• doctorchew
    doctorchew
    Community Member

I was able to get everything synced up. Thanks so much for your help!

• That's great to hear, thanks for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.