1Password in Firefox is not doing anything [Caused by Ad-Aware]

privard
privard
Community Member
edited February 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Firefox extension does not offer to save logins; when I click on the toolbar icon to save one manually, it says "Looking for 1Password Helper," then after a while either it says "Welcome to the 1Password Extension!" or it says "Either the helper is not running, or something is preventing it from communicating with the 1Password browser extension." But whichever it says, I'm still not able to use the extension for anything. I restarted the computer after installing 1password, I've confirmed the the helper app (Agile1pAgent.exe) is running, I'm not running any of the security programs or extensions listed in the troubleshooting guide, I've allowed each of the 1password programs through the Windows Firewall, I'm using Win 8.1's Windows Defender as my security software, I've got Hide My Ass VPN installed but I'm not connecting through it (also tried with HMA turned completely off), I'm not using a proxy, I've got Firefox's pop-up blocker running, and I've got the Flashstopper, Ad Blocker Plus, and Ghostery extensions running on Firefox. Please help.

Comments

• Hi @privard,

It does look like you've went through all the steps in our guide on this. Could you reproduce the problem (to generate the logs) and send us your 1Password diagnostic report? Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• privard
    privard
    Community Member

Hi, I sent it about ten or twelve hours ago.

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016

@privard Thank you for sending in the Diagnostic Report. We will handle this via email moving forward.

ref: GRB-67588-621

• privard
    privard
    Community Member

Thanks! The support folks solved the problem. Turned out it was AdAware blocking the parts of the program from talking to each other. Turned off AdAware and 1Password started working perfectly.

• Thanks for updating this thread to let us know.

This discussion has been closed.