Problem Syncing iPhone to Existing Vault on Windows

I am new to 1Password, and still trying to figure everything out here! I currently have a 1Password Trial version on my Windows computer. And I am experimenting, trying to get my iPhone synced.

I just downloaded the 1Password app onto my iPhone. Upon opening, it asks me if I want to create or a new vault or sync to an existing one. I chose "Sync to Existing" in an attempt to sync up to the vault that I have on Windows. I chose to Sync over Wifi. After entering in the "secret" number that is shown on the Windows 1Password trial version, I clicked "Sync Now."

The Sync starts, but...I am left with a message on the iPhone that says "Sync Problem. The operation couldn't be completed. Operation timed out." (Error Domain = NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=60 "Operation timed out")

I clicked "Dismiss" not knowing what else I may be able to do here. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

• Kyle

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Wi-Fi

Comments

• Kyleon1Password
    Kyleon1Password
    Community Member

And maybe bc I am running the trial version, I am not able to use the same vault on another device?

• Kyleon1Password
    Kyleon1Password
    Community Member

Update: So, I am now having the same problem...I bought the software for the Windows, so its no longer running a trial version.

I have also restarted my phone and 1password App on my iPhone. I'm still having the same error though?

• Hello @Kyleon1Password !
    Something in your network environment is blocking communications between the two devices. Please check your Windows configuration:

• Settings > Network & Internet > Ethernet, select the network adapter, enable “Make this PC discoverable”
    • Network and Sharing Center > Advance Sharing Settings, enable "Turn on network discovery"

Both need to be on, but turning on one will — confusingly — not necessarily also turn on the other.

1. Open "Windows Firewall" in Control Panel (or search in the Start menu)
    2. Select "Advanced Settings" on the left
    3. In the left pane, select "Inbound Rules" (you may see several 1Password entries)
    4. Select any with a status of "Block", select "Properties", "Allow the connection", and then click "OK"
    5. Repeat for all 1Password (or Bonjour) "Block" entries
    6. Follow the 1Password WiFi Sync instructions.

I hope this helps. Please let me know how it turns.
    Vitaly. AgileBits

• Kyleon1Password
    Kyleon1Password
    Community Member

Hi Vitality,

Thank you so much for your help, this worked!!

Now I just to have to install 1Password app on my wife's Mac.....

Thanks!

• Kyle
  • MikeT
    edited February 2016

On behalf of @VitalyG, you're welcome.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance for your family.

This discussion has been closed.