Unable to share 1Password for Windows license with wife

This discussion was created from comments split from: Sharing my license with a family member.

Comments

• jdarnell140
    jdarnell140
    Community Member

I am attempting to add 1Password to my wife's new laptop but it will not accept my license saying it is invalid. She is in the household, we share the same desk.
    The license is correct, I copied directly from my Help-Enter License Key pull down.
    Any thoughts? Both run Windows 10.

We have 1Password on our iPhones 6 and they work fine.

• Hi @jdarnell140,

The license key you're entering, does it start with OPW4-? Can you try to enter the key by typing it in, instead of copying and pasting. Sometimes, copying the key may include some invisible characters that 1Password won't register with.

Is the version of 1Password on your wife's laptop 4.6.0? You can get the version info from the Help Menu > About 1Password.

• jdarnell140
    jdarnell140
    Community Member

1Passwprd4 (4.6.0.598) has been reinstalled, more than once. I still get "Invalid license key". And now the trial has expired as it should. The original license is from August 2014 and was copied from your email to MSWord (so I could increase the font) so, I did not c&p.
    The email key matches that in my original PC.
    Any more thoughts?
    Original PC is Windows10
    Mew PC is Dell laptop Windows10

• LauraR
    edited February 2016

Hi @jdarnell140 - I'm so sorry you are still having a problem entering that license key on your wife's laptop. Could you email us at support+windows@agilebits.com and we can help further with this. In the email, can you include a link back to this forum post. Thanks!

ref: YVV-94938-998

This discussion has been closed.