Synch in iCloud and use on Windows

Hi

I want to synch 1password with iCloud, and use the same vault on Windows. Is that possible?

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @MrMadsen,

Unfortunately, that is not yet possible. iCloud Sync in 1Password is powered by Apple's CloudKit APIs, which right now is only available on OS X and iOS. The iCloud part just means that it uses your iCloud account's data storage, rather than powered by iCloud or iCloud Drive.

The best option you have to sync your 1Password data between Windows, Mac and iOS is Dropbox.

You can also do a Wi-Fi sync if it is just only between iOS device and one PC.

We are working on a better simple implementation of our own sync solution called 1Password for Teams that will work between all 1Password apps but it is a bit far away for now.

• MrMadsen
    MrMadsen
    Community Member

ok :) thanks

• MrMadsen
    MrMadsen
    Community Member

Would it possible to synch to iCloud, and then, I dont know :D send vaults to each system. To a start send a vault from Mac to Windows, and another 1 is something is updated. And then again, if I update a login in the windows version, send a updated vault to mac?

• MikeT
    edited February 2016

Hi @MrMadsen,

Would it possible to synch to iCloud, and then, I dont know :D send vaults to each system. To a start send a vault from Mac to Windows, and another 1 is something is updated. And then again, if I update a login in the windows version, send a updated vault to mac?

We really do not recommend this, you would run into the risks of sync conflicts and other potential issues. We recommend you use something that is simple as possible, and in this case, Dropbox. Dropbox would manage your syncing for you in the background and deal with the conflicts for you.

• MrMadsen
    MrMadsen
    Community Member

Ok thanks :) I use dropbox until you make us another solution :)

• Hi @MrMadsen,

You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.