Syncing the vault passwords

hi ... i have recently purchased 1password and set up initially in a pc and then a macbook air. i tried to sync the two through dropbox but somehow their are 2 different vault passwords. should i delete all and start overagain ( which i dont wont to do) or is there another way to resolve my issue
thanks
derek

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to sync vault password with mac and pc through dropbox. somehow the two have different passwords created by me. how to fix?'

Comments

• Hi @derekrtedder,

Is it possible that they're not using the same vault? Try this:

1. Open 1Password on the Mac, unlock, and go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Sync. Select the vault on the left and on the right, it should show you the path to your 1Password vault in your Dropbox folder
    2. Now, open 1Password on the PC, unlock, and go to the File Menu > Preferences > General. Does the path in the 1Password Vault field match the 1Password directory inside Dropbox folder as on the Mac?
  • derekrtedder
    derekrtedder
    Community Member

Hi MikeT
    on my mac it's a 1password mini with no preferences

• Hi @derekrtedder,

You have to open the main 1Password app, not 1Password mini. Open 1Password from your Applications folder and then you'll see the 1Password Menu.

• derekrtedder
    derekrtedder
    Community Member

ok found the preferences and the path is not the same. how do i change the match the 1password.agilekeychain

• derekrtedder
    derekrtedder
    Community Member

ok managed to sync
    thanks for your help

• I'm glad you got it to work.

I would recommend archiving the other vault if you're not using it or if you don't know the password for it.

You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.