SyntaxError: missing ) in parenthetical [Bug caused in 4.6.0.BETA-600, fixed in 601-BETA already]

Nzall
Nzall
Community Member
edited February 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I reinstalled Windows 10 2 days ago. I installed 1password on that new PC, and now everything I do in 1password gives an error message, except filling in existing passwords. I try to make a new login?

EurekaLog 6.1.04

Application:

1.1 Start Date : Mon, 15 Feb 2016 21:33:07 +0100
1.2 Name/Description: 1Password.exe - (1Password)
1.3 Version Number : 4.6.0.598
1.4 Parameters :
1.5 Compilation Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 09:14:24 +0100
1.6 Up Time : 2 minutes, 29 seconds

Exception:

2.1 Date : Mon, 15 Feb 2016 21:35:36 +0100
2.2 Address : 006BEC0D
2.3 Module Name : 1Password.exe - (1Password)
2.4 Module Version: 4.6.0.598
2.5 Type : E1pJavaScript
2.6 Message : SyntaxError: missing ) in parenthetical.
2.7 ID : 75BE
2.8 Count : 1
2.9 Status : New
2.10 Note :

I try to make a new login through the app? Same error, but from the helper agent executable.

I try to edit an existing entry? Same error.

I try to generate a new password? same error.

I try to submit the error I get from the log? now the application crashes...

I don't know what is causing it. I don't want to share the full error log via here because of confidential information. Is there an email address I can send it to?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: 4.5.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Home
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Nzall - Thank you for supplying this log. I'm so sorry you are seeing these crashes. Could you email us the full report :

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Nzall
    Nzall
    Community Member

Thanks for the speedy reply. Here's the support ID.

For your reference, your support ID is [#FWB-88777-413]

• Hi @Nzall - that's great, thank you - we'll look out for it and we'll reply via email.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@Nzall should you see this error...

2.5 Type : E1pJavaScript
    2.6 Message : SyntaxError: missing ) in parenthetical.

...then please follow these steps:

1. Update to 4.6.0.BETA-601
    2. Click on: File > Repair 1Password Vault
  • Nzall
    Nzall
    Community Member

@svondutch @LauraR already helped me via mail. I didn't have to update the client to the latest Beta, but repairing the vault fixed the issue for me. If the problem returns, I'll try updating, then repairing again.

Before I reinstalled Windows, I was using the Beta version of 1password, but I switched back to the normal client after reinstalling Windows. Is it possible that some beta-specific settings for the vault got corrupted and interfered with the functionality of the release version of the client?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@Nzall You can update to 4.6.0.BETA-601 or go back to 4.6.0.598. Neither of these versions have the problem. If you keep running 4.6.0.BETA-600 then I promise this problem will come back.

• To clarify on Stefan's post, the issue was caused by a bug in BETA-600 build only.

This discussion has been closed.