Where is the wi-fi sync server program?

Hi, I use 1Password mainly on my Mac. I am able to sync 1Password with an iOS device using the sync via wifi method. Now, I try to sync 1Password between the iOS device with Windows (I run Windows on the same Mac via bootcamp).

From the link: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/syncing-over-wi-fi

I need to start a temporary wi-fi sync server on my PC. How do I start it? Where is this wi-fi sync server?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 Professional
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:wi-fi sync server

Comments

• @petercohen8877 - to start the WiFi sync server on your Windows PC -

Run 1Password on Windows PC, select File > Wi-Fi sync...

However..... we do NOT recommend using WiFi sync when you are syncing more than one computer (or partitions) as this can lead to sync conflicts. We recommend instead that you use Dropbox to sync between all your devices. Once Dropbox sync is set up it is then completely automatic. We have great guides to help -

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

• petercohen8877
    petercohen8877
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

Hi LauraR, thanks for the suggestion. I am using Dropbox sync to sync between my Mac, PC partition on my Mac and iOS device.

I am not sure if it is related. Yesterday I keyed in the Master password on my Mac many times and succeed all the time. However, after I changed syncing from wifi to Dropbox and added syncing with iOS device in the morning, from the afternoon even I entered the correct 1Password6 Master password on the Mac, often 1Password responded that my password was incorrect. I failed even I typed my Master password in a text editor, copied and pasted. I also noticed that while the 1Password extension password entry window does not seem to have such problem, there is a digit less in the big 1Password6 Unlock Testing Vault entry window. For example, supposing that my Master password is: 1234567, the big 1Password6 Unlock Testing Vault entry window only allows me to key in six digits. If the length of my Master password is x, I can only enter x-1 digits. Thus, I cannot enter the correct Master password. Know what is going on?

• Not disputing what you're saying but that sounds like a very strange bug to have gone undiscovered for so long.

Just to clarify, where did you experience the problem with the master password entry field in the main app only allowing x-1 characters?
    1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows?

• Addendum: Are you using the Secure Desktop feature, by any chance?

• petercohen8877
    petercohen8877
    Community Member

Hi Addendum, I have this problem in 1Password for Mac. I have been using it for a few days. Nothing wrong until yesterday. Not sure if it is just a coincidence. It happened after I set up Dropbox sync among Mac, Bootcamp Windows partition on the same Mac and iOS.
    What Secure Desktop feature are you talking about?

• Ok, this is getting curious. You're telling us that you can't unlock your vault in 1Password for Mac where it previously worked, too?

If that is the case, I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.
    I'm not aware of a bug of any sorts that could possibly cause this kind of problem.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

—Windows—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.