Empty software items after switching to .opvault

Hi!

I followed this guide to switch the 1Password vault from .agilekeychain to .opvault on my PC: https://support.1password.com/switch-to-opvault/win.html. After the import, I noticed that some of the Software items in the .opvault contains no data. Is this a know bug that is being worked on?

/Joakim

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: 4.5.3 (Mozilla Firefox)
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Karax,

Sorry to hear about your issue.

Can you tell us a bit more about your setup, please? Are you syncing your data via Dropbox?

Thanks

• Karax
    Karax
    Community Member

Hi Alex! Yes I'm syncing with Dropbox. I wrote some more info about my setup in the "footer" of the question.

• Hi @Karax - thanks for confirming your sync method. Do you still have access to the vault in the old .agilekeychain format? If so can you switch back to the .agilekeychain vault via File Menu > Re-open 1Password Vault, unlock, and find those items. Edit them, add something in the note field, and then save them.

Now, select the items by holding down the Control key and clicking on each item, press Control + C to copy the items, switch back to your OPVault, unlock and press Control + V to paste them, let them overwrite the existing item if it finds it.

Please let me know if this helps.

• Karax
    Karax
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply @LauraR! Your solution worked. The only problem was the attachments weren't copied, so I had to export them manually and drop them on the items in the .opvault. I only had two Software items with attachments, so not a big problem.

• Hi @Karax - I'm so glad that worked for you and I'm glad only two records were involved so it didn't incur too much work.

• MikeT
    edited February 2016

Just to expand on this for others reading this, we are aware of this issue and are investigating it.

Some older items are being imported into the OPVault vault with the right data but the UI doesn't know how to parse the older data as an OPVault item as the data is in the older format. Re-editing the items in the older vault with 1Password 4 would ensure it has the right format to be imported into OPVault.

This discussion has been closed.