How to import from iOS to Windows without wireless synch?

Hi, for me it looks like an FAQ but I can't find this being answered.
"If you purchase the iOS and Windows versions of 1Password, you can sync your data using Dropbox sync or Wi-Fi sync."

How that? I've installed the latest Windows 4 Beta and the Beta for Windows 10, both don't recognize the backup created with my iOS version (Pro) - is that by design? Why does it have to be wireless?

1Password Version: Beta for Windows 10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 x64
Sync Type: none
Referrer: forum-search:import from ios

Comments

• HI @sniem,

Thanks for writing in. We apologise for the confusion.

Since you already have data stored in 1Password for iOS, you have a couple of options to synchronise that data to 1Password on Windows. With 1Password for Windows from our website, you have the choice to either synchronise the data using Wi-Fi sync or Dropbox. With the beta of 1Password that you have downloaded from the Microsoft Store, you can synchronise the data via Dropbox.

Depending on what you want to do, you will have to take different steps.

Tell me, have you already created a vault in the website version of 1Password for Windows after running it on your PC for the first time?

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member

Thanks for the anser, sorry for being late. I finally was urged to use the wireless synch for both the desktop version and the universal app. Flawlessly but both the univeral app and the desktop version lack some categories (WLAN router, email accounts) so I'm not really happy with your Windows support.

• Hi @sniem,

Flawlessly but both the univeral app and the desktop version lack some categories (WLAN router, email accounts)

Could it be collapsed into the Account group on the sidebar for the desktop version? Open the main desktop program and go to the View Menu to deselect both Wallet/Account groups and then you should see both Wireless/Email categories show up on the sidebar.

The Universal app is still a very early beta build of a new app and we're working on polishing it up for its first release soon. However, you should be able to view these items by searching for it, even if they don't show up on the sidebar.

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

Hi Mike,
    Thanks for looking into this.
    See attached screenshot. Those entries with the red clock are all imported from iOS app's WLAN router category, the envelope from the iOS apps' email account category. So yes, they have been imported but they are not there where I expected them and they have different icons.

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member

PS: In the 1pw desktop app those email and wlan router entries have all been imported into the "accounts" category with the entries being labeled meaningfully (though also different from the icons the iOS app uses)

• Hi @sniem,

: In the 1Password desktop app those email and wlan router entries have all been imported into the "accounts" category with the entries being labeled meaningfully (though also different from the icons the iOS app uses)

Yes, that is what I was referring to in the last email; in the desktop program, go to the View Menu to deselect Accounts and Wallets, it will ungroup them and show you the categories on the sidebar to match the same list of categories in the iOS app.

Account isn't a category, it's a group of related categories. By deselecting it in the View menu, 1Password will stop grouping them.

So yes, they have been imported but they are not there where I expected them and they have different icons.

Correct, the app is not yet done. The red icon you're seeing is just the generic icon, we will complete them in a future update.

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member

Ok, interesting, indeed, changing the view settings gives me the familiar iOS view. Thanks.
    Irritating the you're not using the same default settings in iOS and Windows, though.

• Hi @sniem,

I do agree, we will make it more consistent over time.

This discussion has been closed.