1password, unlock on secure desktop, and Surface 4

Options

When using the "unlock on secure desktop" feature in 1password on a Surface 4, the onscreen keyboard does not appear; so I can only use this feature, when I have a hardware keyboard connected?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 / 1511 / 10586.29
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @gdbgeek,

Yes, this is unfortunately true.

Windows has complete control over the virtual keyboard and it is not working in User Access Control views, which is essentially what the Secure Desktop feature in 1Password is. (other types of User Access Control are Windows asking you to give an application permission to change something on your PC.)

I'm afraid that to use the Secure Desktop feature, you will have to use a hardware keyboard.

If there's ever anything else we can help you with, don't hesitate to ask.

• shark_coffee
    shark_coffee
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @AlexHoffmann,

Is there a particular reason for this limitation? Or you guys are planning to patch this in the near future?

• Hi @shark_coffee,

As far as we know, this is not something we can fix but a limitation in Windows where the default keyboard is not usable in UAC prompts (User Access Control). The only way aroudn this seems to be the use of the 'Ease of Use' keyboard that can be enabled in the accessibility settings in Windows.

We're sorry about this inconvenience.

This discussion has been closed.