Is there a way to merge two vaults into one without resulting in duplicate information?

Options

For years, I have stored my vault on Dropbox and updated it using both Windows and Mac OS. I recently discovered that 1Password for Windows and 1Password for Mac OS were using different vaults. I don't understand why this happened or how long it has been happening. I have corrected the problem and picked a vault to use moving forward, but I probably have passwords stored in the abandoned vault that are not in the current vault. Is there a way to merge two vaults, delete duplicate records, and keep unique records?

1Password Version: Windows 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:move-vault, kb:pro-features-faq, kb-search:merge vault, kb:vault-mismatch-error

Comments

• Hi @eramguinn,

Thanks for writing in.
    There is a way to merge the vault but it is not trivial and we need to make sure of a couple of things before giving you the instructions.

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

—Windows—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• eramguinn
    eramguinn
    Community Member
    Options

Should I open the "abandoned" vault in 1Password for Windows before generating the diagnostic report?

• That's not necessary :)

• eramguinn
    eramguinn
    Community Member
    Options

BitBot Support ID number: #IXG-53556-161

• Thank you, @eramguinn,

We've received the email and will respond with instructions as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.