Work with browser extensions? [not yet; can use internal browser for go&fill]

Options
lesserevil
lesserevil
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Just installed Win10 Beta. 1 comment and 2 problem:

First the comment, to download the app from Windows store I had to sign in with a Microsoft account and that affects my user settings on the machine itself. Is there no way to download this software without the associated Windows store login? To clarify, I did this on a user's machine, a user that logs in with local credentials and signing into the store with my admin credentials switched the actual local user account to mine.

Now the problem, the Win10 Beta looks great, but I'm having issues connecting it to the Chrome extension. Is there a different place I should be downloading the extension from or can your standard extension work just fine with this beta?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @lesserevil extensions are not yet supported, universal apps from Windows Store are sandboxed and have harder times to do integration with browsers. With that being said, there are work and experiments going on to bring browser integration. Meanwhile there is 1Browser (internal browser, which is actually Edge wrapped in our window) which supports login filling.

As for signing in with Microsoft account - that is requirement of the Store and Windows, to my knowledge there are ways to get the app installed in development mode or via side-loading, but that is usually cause far more grief than Store updating app for everyone. It may not be visible, but Store is actually recompiling apps, making them more suitable for all kinds of attached devices.

• lesserevil
    lesserevil
    Community Member
    Options

Is there a way to connect one of your older, standalone windows apps to use with teams in the meantime?

I'm evaluating the use of this software for our business. Do you know how far away this integration is?

• Current Windows desktop app can not work with Teams, there is work in progress to enable Teams on Windows 7+ in desktop mode.

I can't give you exact date, as every day brings something new and unexpected, but I can tell that we are trying to make integrations with browsers as soon as possible. Our priorities are quite simple: security, stability, integrations. We feel pretty good about security, we know what has to be done to improve stability and we are researching/doing integrations for both Windows desktop and Windows universal apps.

• lesserevil
    lesserevil
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Sergey, I completely understand. Is there any way for me to be notified of any of these developments?

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lesserevil, the best way to stay abreast with the latest developments is to checkout the release notes when you receive a notification to update the app from the Windows Store. We also update our release notes here.

• lesserevil
    lesserevil
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I appreciate all of the help.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @lesserevil! It was our pleasure :)

This discussion has been closed.