AVG prevents me from installing 1Password as of today [False positive]

Options
Wombel
Wombel
Community Member
edited February 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I received a notification that there is a new version of 1P for Windows beta and I tried to install it. AVG popup informed me that it might be a trojan. By that time the old version was uninstalled already. I wanted to play it safe and downloaded the most recent version of 1P from the website, but AVG went bananas again. I tried to add an exception, but that did not help either. Any hints how to fix this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro Build 10240
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi @Wombel,

It is a false positive as VirusTotal also confirms here. Most anti-virus solutions provide you with an option to undo this and to report it as a false positive. Try to restore the 1Password file from AVG's Virus Vault with this guide:

Also, would you report this as a false positive here. They often want to hear from their customers, not from the software creators when submitting false positives.

• TonyMontana
    TonyMontana
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I've got this issue with AVG, even adding an exception it still tries to remove it (I'm aware the issue should be resolved by AVG) is this a correct location it's stating within the screen shot.

• Hi @TonyMontana,

Thank you for reporting this. We've contacted AVG about this issue and hope to have it resolved soon.
    Just like with Wombel, we'd like you to report this as a false positive to AVG.

Thank you and please tell us if we can be of further assistance.

This discussion has been closed.