Moving a Favorites Login May Result in it being Deleted by 1Password

Options

My setup: Windows 10 Pro (all updates), 1Password 4.6.0.600 (latest as of this post), Logins 256, Favorites 22, Password vault in Dropbox, Firefox (Version 44.0.2), with 1Password Extension 4.5.3 running.
Today I tried moving a Favorite login up (16 positions, from initial position 22) in my (22 total lines) Favorites list and was quite surprised to see it disappear during the process. The steps involved are straightforward:

1. Open 1Password program
  2. Highlight the desired Favorite (it is item 22 of 22 in this case)
  3. Move it up (right-click>"Move Favorite Up")
  4. Observe desired movement, 1 line at a time
  5. Return to Step 3 as needed to complete 16 moves

Surprisingly, at move number 12, the login entry completely disappeared (it was deleted). I confirmed this by noting that the Favorites list total changed to 21 and my Logins list total number went from 256 to 255. So I manually re-entered the Login, confirmed that it worked, marked it as a favorite and repeated the process. Same result, except it was deleted at move number 4. Undaunted, I manually re-entered the Login (manually, because even when I logged in to the site, the Firefox extension was not prompting me to save the "new" login), confirmed that it worked, marked it as a Favorite and then tried a different approach. This time I did the Favorites list move by repeatedly and rapidly pressing Ctrl-Alt-Up on my keyboard 16 times. At the end of this, I was rewarded with the result that the move was successful.
But this is clearly a bug or interface problem that should be addressed. My guess is that it is occurring because of something involving the (natural) delay of getting changes up to Dropbox and then still having an ongoing editing process that is making more changes before the previous one has completed its write process in the cloud. Perhaps 1Password should monitor updates and confirm Dropbox change success (while queuing pending updates) before allowing further changes to be written to the password vault.
Any ideas on this? I expect it has not been encountered very often. This is not a big issue (to me) as the only problem is likely to be one involving a generated password that is lost so that one would have to go through the affected site's password recovery process. It is an annoyance.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.600
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro, Build 10586
Sync Type: Dropbox (cloud)

Comments

• Hi @LoneRider,

First, please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email. After this, you should update to the latest beta to confirm the fix is working for you. This is a conflict with the Dropbox syncing, we've resolved it already in the latest beta. We're currently testing it before we can ship it as a stable update very soon.

To update:

1. Open the main 1Password program, unlock, and go to the File Menu > Preferences > Updates
    2. Check the box for Include Beta versions and press OK to save the change
    3. Go to the Help Menu > Check for New Versions to install the latest beta
    4. After restarting the computer, open 1Password and go to the File Menu > Repair 1Password Vault.

Now, you should not be able to reproduce this issue. However, if your data is missing right now, there's a way to restore it but please wait for us to tell you what to do when we get your report to confirm it is the same issue that we know about.

• We got your email and will reply soon, thanks!

ref: HBL-46742-738

This discussion has been closed.