Corrupted password vault

David_Johnston
David_Johnston
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have 1Password for Windows 10 and 1Password 4 for Windows installed on the same machine. Mostly this is because the Windows 10 version doesn't have browser plug-ins. If I want to save a password I'm entering, I'll do it in Chrome.

Both instances are configured to use Dropbox for syncing to other machines.

I've seen a few times that when I have both programs running at the same time, using the same vault, that the vault open in either program can become corrupt after adding a new login to the vault using the browser add-in. This takes the form of logins disappearing from the vault in 1Password 4 while the beta still has the logins that were originally there.

Not sure what's happening here.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: 4.5.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 10586.104
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @David_Johnston there was an update in Beta 1Password 4 for Windows 4.6.0.BETA-602. Can you please give it a try? (don't forget that this is Beta and vault backup is a good idea :) ) Release 602 probably will be out of Beta soon.

• David_Johnston
    David_Johnston
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

I noticed the corruption on my home computer but my work computer has the same setup so I'll try the 1Password 4 BETA on that machine. I'll report any issues I see.

• David_Johnston
    David_Johnston
    Community Member

I've installed 1Password 4 BETA (4.6.0.BETA-602) and then used the Chrome plug-in to create a new login.

The login was added to the vault and no logins disappeared. In 1Password for Windows 10 Beta the list of logins is not updated but was correctly updated once I manually synced the vault in the app.

I added another login to the vault in the same way (Chrome browser plug-in) while the Windows 10 app was open. Instead of manually syncing, I closed the app and tried to restarted it. This time the app just showed a blue window instead of the login box and the 1Password logo. It stayed like this for at least five minutes before I closed the app and restarted. Once I restarted the app, the lock screen worked and the new login was there correctly.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016

I'm not sure what happened with the blue rectangle, @David_Johnston, but the rest sounds like good news; thanks for letting us know!

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

I'm guessing blue is your accent color right @David_Johnston? That blue-screen you saw is likely the color Windows 10 applies to an app window whenever a Windows Store app is launching. If you change your accent color, you'll likely see this color change in the app background.

What does concern me is the 5 minute delay you saw before you reached the lockscreen. If you encounter this again, we'd really appreciate reviewing a copy of your logs to see if this is something we can fix.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

To send us your logs, @David_Johnston, you can type op://help into the browser on your Windows 10 device. That'll launch the app and take you straight to the Help page, from which you can choose one of the Support options.

Please include a link to this forum thread in the message you send to us.

Thanks!

• David_Johnston
    David_Johnston
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

@mohamedosman You are correct about blue being my accent color.

I actually had to close the app. The lockscreen did not come up on its own.

I'll try to repro the issue again and send you the logs.

• David_Johnston
    David_Johnston
    Community Member

Tried to repro the issue. No luck I'm afraid. If it happens again I'll try to get a log file.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

@David_Johnston no worries :) just drop us a line if you encounter this again. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.