Does 1Password for Windows beta support the in-browser app?

We have been using 1Password for a while now, and are trying to migrate to 1Password for teams. On the mac platforms, it works great. However my wife is on a PC. We downloaded 1Password for Windows Beta. It works on the desktop, but it does not communicate with the browser extension. We uninstalled the extension and re-installed it from your site to make sure it was the latest version. The browser extension is not seeing any of our team vaults. The browser extension is critical to using the tool, so I'm not understanding how Teams would be used in the windows setting without it. Am I missing something?
Thanks

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows Beta
Extension Version: unsure
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Teams
Referrer: kb-search:windows teams, kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• Hi @maker5000,

Thanks for writing us.

The 1Password for Windows Beta does not support browser extensions. This is due to the fact that apps from the Microsoft Store are sandboxed—just like apps on iOS—and interaction between apps is very limited.

We are currently building a new version of the desktop version of 1Password that supports 1Password for Teams. It will have full browser extension support and integrate with your Teams account easily.
    I can't give you a release date for it, not even a tentative one, but we're building it as quickly as possible.

As for using 1Password for Teams, you always have the option in the 1Password for Windows Modern Beta, to copy the username or password to the clipboard from the details view of every entry.

I hope this helps!

• maker5000
    maker5000
    Community Member

Thank you for the update. I eagerly await the new desktop version!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016

Me too! Believe me, we're as anxious as you for it to be ready, and you can bet that we'll announce it when the time comes! :)

This discussion has been closed.