Can I copy my os x 1password vault to a windows pc without syncing?

Can I copy my os x 1password vault to a windows pc without syncing? I use wifi sync between machine and iPhone and I don't want to use the cloud. I'm happy to do occasional one-way copies from mac to windows as my windows pc is only for occasional use.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:sync mac windows, kb:sync-options

Comments

• jwood9999
    jwood9999
    Community Member

I realise I will need to buy a windows licence if I go ahead with this....

• Hi @jwood9999,

Yes, you can do that.

First, if you already own a Mac license, you don't have to pay the full price on the Windows license, we can give you a discount on the Windows license to pay the difference as we sell the Mac+Windows bundle license at our store. If you decide you want the license, email us at support+windows@agilebits.com with your Mac license info and we'll give you the discount to use.

Secondly, to do what you ask, you'll need to configure the Mac app to use Folder Sync. From there, you can then copy the sync folder to your other PC and have 1Password on Windows to open the sync file in the folder via the File Menu > Open 1Password Vault. If it is the first time you're using 1Password on PC, choose the second option (I've used 1Password before) on the welcome tour.

By the way, be sure to back up your 1Password data on both computers, especially if you decide to locally sync in both directions with a local sync tool. This type of local sync is prone to sync conflicts if you are going to use such a tool. If it is just a one-way, be sure to terminate 1Password on the PC first before you delete the local data folder and copy over the new one from your Mac.

This discussion has been closed.