Helper not found - Team Beta, Chrome, Windows 10

I just installed 1Password for Teams. I then installed the chrome plugin. There are no prior versions of either software on this PC.

When I try to open the Chrome extension, I get the message: "looking for the 1Password helper"

The solution recommended in this and other forums: "Help>Restart helper" does not seem to exist (or I could not find it) in this version of 1Password.

Any troubleshooting suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: 2016.3.200
Extension Version: 4.5.3.90
OS Version: W10
Sync Type: No sync yet

Comments

• Hi @A1phaGeek,

I do apologize for the confusion but there is no extension support in the 1Password Beta for Windows 10 app. However, in that app, you can click on the bottom right Browse button to use our built-in 1Browser to fill your data. You can find more information here.

At the moment, there is no support for using Teams via the browsers extensions on Windows. We're working on a new major version of 1Password for Windows that will work with Chrome and Firefox extensions including Windows 7 and above support. I do not have a timeframe on when this is coming.

The instruction for the Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper is for the current 1Password for Windows desktop program only.

This discussion has been closed.