the button is missing in the more tools section of my chrome browser

I have the latest version. The button dissapeared off my browser window sometime during this past week. There is no option to turn it on in the more tools section.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:windows/set-up-browsers, ug:windows/preferences-browsers, kb:missing-extension-button, ug:windows/preferences-browsers, kb:missing-extension-button

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@joydouthit: First, make sure that the 1Password extension is installed in Chrome:

1Password browser extensions

Once it's installed, the button will be automatically be added to the toolbar. Just make sure that it's enabled in Chrome > [=] > More Tools > Extensions. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• joydouthit
    joydouthit
    Community Member

I found that I needed to uninstall the extension and re-install it. That was the only way I could get the button to show up again. I have it repaired now. Thank you for your help! PS I read somewhere that if the extension was installed multiple times, then it would prevent it from showing up. I don't know if that was the case or not, but using the un-install tool and then the install tool, It was repaired!

• Hi @joydouthit,

Thanks for letting us know what you did to fix this.

I read somewhere that if the extension was installed multiple times, then it would prevent it from showing up. I don't know if that was the case or not, but using the un-install tool and then the install tool, It was repaired!

I haven't seen this before but stranger things have happened in the world of computers.

One thing you might want to keep an eye on is Chrome Sync, Chrome supports syncing your extensions across devices. A sync issue could occur where removing the extension unintentionally on one PC could remove it from the other PCs as well.

This discussion has been closed.