Categories not showing up in 1Password 4.6

Hi,

I'm using your products on various platforms, MacOS X, iOS, Android and Windows ... However, there's a big inconvenience on the Windows platform I just simply can't resolve.

My 1Password experience originates from the Mac. So, slowly the 1Password file was upgraded during the various iterations that existed on the Mac. But that changed when I started to use it cross platform.

My 1Password vault is organized in various folders and categories. So, Logins, Secure Notes, Identities, Memberships, Bank Accounts, Reward Programs, etc ...

On MacOS X, iOS and (recent) Android versions those categories show up beautifully, however ... On Windows only Logins, Wallet, Accounts, Software, Secure Notes and Identities (the default range) shows up.

So, I clicked on 'new item' to see if I can create a new membership or reward program category item. And yes, I can create the category item, but it doesn't show up on the sidebar as it does on all the other platforms.

Now this problem isn't new, but it is getting more and more of a inconvenience. I use one password in my company and privately on various platforms. Mostly because of it's pretty face, perfect functionality and the option to store passwords locally (which in some cases and countries is mandatory).

The strange thing is, that when I synchronize my Windows machine with an iPad that has a fresh install of 1Password for iOS, that the categories do show up in iOS. The same thing goes for Android.

I've discovered that the 1Password file was an .agilekeychain file. So what I did was simply synchronize the entire database with an iPad, delete 1Password data files on windows. Check for upgrades, restart the computer and startup one password. Then I created a new password vault using the .opvault format only to synchronize once again with the iPad ...

All the data get's back into the new vault, but the categories never show up ...

Then I tried another mechanism, that of the 1Pif interchange file. Same result. Finally I installed 1Password on another Windows 10 computer and the results are the same. No categories other then the default ones.

Since the password entries number grows by the month it is quickly shifting from a minor inconvenience towards an irritation ... Simply because sometimes it easier to browse or search by category. And right now my experience with the Windows application is far from on par with the other platforms, which is ... a deal breaker.

Please advise me how to resolve this problem.

Thank you in advance!

Lukas

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: Windows 10 Professional - 64 bit
Sync Type: WiFi Sync, Export/Import and/or transfer of files
Referrer: kb-search:categories windows, kb:group-by-category, kb-search:categories windows, kb:opvault-design, kb-search:categories windows

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

So, I clicked on 'new item' to see if I can create a new membership or reward program category item. And yes, I can create the category item, but it doesn't show up on the sidebar as it does on all the other platforms.

@pruski: Sorry for the confusion! If you uncheck "Wallet" in the View menu, you'll be able to view the individual categories separately (such as Membership and Rewards). The same is true of "Accounts", since these are legacy groupings. I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.