missing folders/subfolders after import with 1PIF

I'm using 1Password for Windows (v4.6) and 1Password for Android (v6.1)
On Windows I'm using the OPVault format and Dropbox for syncing with my other computers.
For a better handling of all my items (800+) I use a lot of folders and subfolders.

Because Android (still) does not support the OPVault format via DropBox I have to switch from OPVault to Agile Keychain.

For this I was using File > Export and choose 1PIF ... so far so good.

On Windows I created a new 1Password Vault and selected the Agile Keychain format.
Then I was using File > Import and choose the exported 1PIF file.

Problem: The import did not re-create my folders/subfolders structure and all items are now listed in All Items.

I checked the 1PIF file and every item entry started like {"category":"003","created":1341706614,"folder":"20BF9803D84040DE85B8F07D49FD6756","hmac":

Question: Why are the folder/subfolders not re-created even if the info is present in the 1PIF file?

Please advice.

1Password Version: 4.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited March 2016

Hi @Nightrider,

This is a known bug right now where if you export from an OPVault, it won't export the folders properly in the 1PIF export. We are planning to fix this but I do not have a timeframe on this.

Are all of your computers running Windows?

• Nightrider
    Nightrider
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

seems to be not my day ...

Yes, all my computers running Windows.

• Hi @Nightrider,

My suggestion is to keep using OPVault between computers and use one of your PC to do a Wi-Fi sync with your Android device. The Wi-Fi sync will work with your OPVault format.

Once the Android version supports OPVault, you can then switch to Dropbox.

• Nightrider
    Nightrider
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

you're the man!
    Your tip works perfectly, so I can sync with Android and keep my folders / subfolders.

With this Workaround I can wait for the Android version supportting OPVault out-of-the-box.

Thanks for your help.
    Call closed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of MikeT, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.