getting 1password data from Windows to ios

How to setup windows 1password and ios apps in order to synchronize 1password data from W10 to IOS and not the reverse for the 1st time ?
I had migrated my data from Dashlane (with an initial clean up on xls) and now I have my data on W10 that I would like to have in my ios.
On the link https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/sync-options there is no explanation to setup this.
I have dropbox installed in my PC and I have some folders that have been created from IOS or W10 ?
C:\YYYY\PC_XXXX\Dropbox\Apps\1Password\1Password.opvault

Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: 4.6.064
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @vince64,

When you open 1Password on your PC, do you see a welcome tour with three options or do you see a locked view asking for the master password?

If you see the welcome tour with three options, select the I've used 1Password before and point it to your 1Password.opvault folder in your Dropbox > Apps > 1Password directory.

If you see a locked view, try to unlock with the same 1Password password you use to unlock 1Password on your iOS device.

If it doesn't work, go to the File Menu > Open 1Password Vault and point it to your 1Password.opvault folder in your Dropbox > Apps > 1Password directory and try again.

I hope that helps.

• vince64
    vince64
    Community Member
    edited March 2016

In fact, I managed to synchronize ios with dropbox and W10. I suppressed the initial synchro with dropbox in my ios apps. Then I synchronized again and at that time I add the choice between 2 databases : I selected the right one and it worked with the merge option !

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@vince64: Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well. And to be clear, if you have a "wrong" vault in Dropbox that you no longer need, the best thing to do would be delete it to avoid confusion in the future.

It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.