why did I lose almost all my icons

I have lost almost all my Icons and I'm not able to download a file to show it to you

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 8.1 Enterprise
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:why did I lose almost all my icons

Comments

• wolfing
    wolfing
    Community Member

I know it is not the end of the world, but I once had them all set out nicely and now all I have are keyholes

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wolfing: Sorry for the trouble! It sounds like you either disabled Rich Icons or setup a new PC that doesn't yet have them.

First make sure that you have the feature enabled in 1Password Preferences > Logins > Automatically download Rich Icons for new Logins. Then go to File > Download Rich Icons to get the ones you're missing. Just keep in mind that you'll need to allow 1Password connect to the internet for this feature to work.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• wolfing
    wolfing
    Community Member

I did everything you said, but no joy, :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016

@wolfing: I'm sorry that you're still having trouble! That's odd indeed. Do you perhaps have firewall or "security" software that might be preventing 1Password from connecting to download the icons? When you go to File > Download Rich Icons, do you see the dialog come up to download each of them? If you have more than a handful of items, this will be very noticeable, since 1Password will need to connect and download each one. For a large vault, this can take quite some time.

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your PC, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

ref: VYF-76328-357

• wolfing
    wolfing
    Community Member

I seem to have all my Icons in the 1Password Browser extension now, but not in the main program. Maybe this helps

• Hi @wolfing,

Just to be sure, open the main 1Password program and go to the View Menu, make sure Show Rich Icons is checked. If it is, turn it off and turn it back on. After this, go to the File Menu > Exit, and reopen 1Password, is it working?

• wolfing
    wolfing
    Community Member

Hi MikeT,
    It worked a treat; thank you for your support. It certainly is a pleasure to be using 1Password

Cheers
    Wolf

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.