Could you make the autofill work (properly) with iCloud.com via Chrome ?

Autofill on opening icloud.com (via Chrome on a PC) works very rarely. It might relate to how long the page takes to load as sometimes it is successful on opening a second or third attempt (where the page is cached more locally and hence quicker), sometimes doesn't work at all. Works fine on other pages. Same problem here at work on a good PC, and at home on a 24 core / 48GByte behemoth of a PC

GMAIL is also a pain because it remembers the user and asks for the password on a subsequent screen, is there a login URL for gmail where you can autoenter username and passwords for the one of many accouts selected within 1Password, rather than be presented with the one you used last time ?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 64Bit up to date.
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:icloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Autofill on opening icloud.com (via Chrome on a PC) works very rarely. It might relate to how long the page takes to load as sometimes it is successful on opening a second or third attempt (where the page is cached more locally and hence quicker), sometimes doesn't work at all. Works fine on other pages. Same problem here at work on a good PC, and at home on a 24 core / 48GByte behemoth of a PC

@nigelmills: I know what you mean, and I'm sure I've encountered a similar issue in the past specifically with the iCloud website...but I'm not able to reproduce it now. I wonder if it could be related to other software (perhaps extensions) on your system in particular. If you press Ctrl \ once the page finishes loading are you able to login? Please let me know what you find!

GMAIL is also a pain because it remembers the user and asks for the password on a subsequent screen, is there a login URL for gmail where you can autoenter username and passwords for the one of many accouts selected within 1Password, rather than be presented with the one you used last time ?

Definitely frustrating. Unfortunately 1Password cannot control the "last used account" you're presented with by Google's login page. And frankly I haven't been able to make any sense of it myself either. I'm sure it's not random, but sometimes it seems like it is when it comes to the account it defaults to! 1Password simply cannot navigate websites for us. The only thing it can do is take you to the appropriate URL and fill your login credentials. I've tried experimenting with different URL arguments, but so far I haven't found anything that works consistently I'm afraid.

This discussion has been closed.