vault discrepancy

Hello, I am switching to Opvault and after deleting my agilekeychain vault from my dropbox and leaving the opvault, i started to enable syncing on my ios device to choose the opvault. Once i did this it told me their was a vault discrepancy and is asking if i want to merge the vaults. i am sure they are the right vaults but not sure what kind of problems i might incur if their are duplicates or anything. can anyone help?

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:switch-to-opvault, kb-search:vault discrepancy, kb:switch-to-opvault

Comments

• bryan_richardson
    bryan_richardson
    Community Member

I got impatient and merged the vaults on my Ios 1password app. Now i have virtually 2 of everything.

Is there a way i can easily remove the duplicates?

• Hi @bryan_richardson,

We'll need to restore from an earlier backup on the PC.

First, disable the sync in the iOS app by opening 1Password and going to the Settings > Sync, tap on your vault and then tap on Sync Service ...Dropbox to disable the Dropbox sync here.

Also, just in case, back up your 1Password data in the iOS app by using this guide.

Now, open 1Password on your PC and use the Backup Menu > Restore from 1Password Backup... to restore the backup that was created before you merged the vaults, have it replace the current vault.

Let me know if everything looks good without duplicates on the PC and if the PC has all of your data, so we can get the iOS app to pull it from the PC instead of merging. If so, please contact us at support+windows@agilebits.com with the link to this thread included along with your forum username, so we can explain what to do to next.

Thanks!

• bryan_richardson
    bryan_richardson
    Community Member

Hey @MikeT Thank you for your help! I emailed the information to the email you provided. I'm still having some issues and I guess that's what your trying to address with restoring from the PC rather than merging it all together. I just need to get the IOS to restore back to the original as well.

• Hi @bryan_richardson,

Right, we just need to undo and get it back to the original state before we proceed in a different way.

I got your email and we'll reply as soon as we can.

ref: CSD-23367-931

This discussion has been closed.