3.2.1 Upgrade Stopped loging in

I just upgraded to Version 3.2.1 (build 30653) and the login's stopped working. When I click on a login, 1Password launches Firefox with the correct site URL but the account name and password are not being sent. This worked just fine before this last upgrade and now is not working for any log ins.

I would also like to know if there is a way to switch the default browser in 1password so I can use Safari5 instead of Firefox. The goal is to use Safari exclusively for secure login's and to use Firefox for all other web surfing that all other programs (Entourage, Mail) would consider Firefox as their default browser. I do not see a preference panel that allows 1Password to set it's own default browser.

Running
Mac Pro and 10.6.3,
Safari Version 5.0 (6533.16)
Firefox Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3,

Thanks!

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, SecurityWise!

I just upgraded to Version 3.2.1 (build 30653) and the login's stopped working. When I click on a login, 1Password launches Firefox with the correct site URL but the account name and password are not being sent. This worked just fine before this last upgrade and now is not working for any log ins.

I'm sorry for the trouble. It may be that the Firefox extension needs to be reinstalled or updated:

1. Make sure Firefox is not running.
    2. Launch 1Password from your /Applications folder
    3. Click 1Password > Preferences > Browsers
    4. Uncheck the box next to Firefox
    5. Launch Firefox and click Tools > Add-ons > Extensions. Make sure that 1Password is *not* listed.
    6. Step #5 is the most important step so I'll repeat it :) Launch Firefox and make sure 1Password is not there.
    7. If 1Password is still loading in Firefox, go to Tools > Add-ons > Extensions and click the Uninstall button on the 1Password extension and quit Firefox.
    8. Return to your 1Password window and check the box next to Firefox
    9. Restart Firefox and click Tools > Add-ons > Extensions. Make sure that 1Password is listed.

I would also like to know if there is a way to switch the default browser in 1password so I can use Safari5 instead of Firefox. The goal is to use Safari exclusively for secure login's and to use Firefox for all other web surfing that all other programs (Entourage, Mail) would consider Firefox as their default browser. I do not see a preference panel that allows 1Password to set it's own default browser.

No, sorry. 1Password uses the system's default browser. The only workaround we can suggest for this is to use something like Choosy.
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    The only way for switching browsers is via an app like choosey I use it each time a link is opened I select my browser of choice. I have a rule set for deli bar to always use safari and so forth. You may find it useful I for one have made it a staple app that I install got all the relatives friends etc and recommend it to everyone I can.
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    :) I was to slow tying on the iPhone G beat me to it.
This discussion has been closed.