I have 1-password on my mac and I want to use it on a windows PC too

You have answered this before but I just cannot find the email. Please could you remind me how to get the discount.
You kindly offered a discount on the windows licence, but also advised me about the complications of syncing via wifi.
I am now wondering if syncing via Dropbox would be easier?
And a bit worried about security but I understand that the information is encrypted so I guess it's up to me to have a secure master password. Does 1password use the master password as part of the cryptography key?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:sales-faq

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jwood9999: While Wi-Fi Sync will not work between two computers, Dropbox Sync works between all current versions of 1Password across all platforms — and it is definitely easier as well:

Dropbox Sync setup

And indeed, your 1Password data is end-to-end encrypted, so 1Password simply doesn't depend on the sync service to protect your data. Your Master Password is used to encrypt the vault keys, which in turn are used to encrypt individual items within the vault. You can read more details in our knowledgebase.

I've also sent you a private message with information on upgrading to the bundle with 1Password for Windows, so be sure to check for that and let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.