Newbie question on Licenses

Just started looking at 1Password and have a question on licenses. Is a windows license limited to 5 users or 5 PCs? My wife has 2 PCs, I have 4 PC. We each have an iPad and I have an iPhone. How many licenses do we need? Also, I just imported 400+ passwords from LastPass and now I seem to have exceeded the limit for 'Demo' mode. What does this mean? Does this mean that 'unlimited' is limited? How can I test without buying???

I see on the 'About' screen that I'm in "DEMO mode (expired on Monday, January 31, 2000)" I just installed it yesterday - 3/12/2016.

Thanks
Ted

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.4 (Firefox)
OS Version: ios9, windows 10, windows 7
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @tcash19,

Welcome to the forum! I'm happy to help.

Our software is licensed per person and per platform, not per device. Each user and each platform requires a license. Licenses can be shared by up to six family members living in the same household.

That means once you buy a licence for 1Password for Windows, you and your wife can use it on any and all Windows PCs you own or control.
    Something similar holds true for your iOS devices: If the two of you have separate Apple IDs (or if you don't use iCloud Family Sharing), each of you will have to download 1Password for iOS. You'll then be able to use it on all of your individual iOS devices.

I'm very confused about the trial version, though. The expiration date is from before 1Password for Windows had even been programmed. Our trial version is fully functional for 30 days. After that, you'll be able to use it but not able to add new information.
    Did you, by any chance, change the date on your PC recently? Or did you download 1Password from a site other than https://agilebits.com/downloads ?

Cheers,

Alex

• tcash19
    tcash19
    Community Member

Hi Alex,
    Thanks for the reply and the info on licenses. I downloaded 1Password from your site. I suspect the 'date' problem is associated with the conversion of my LastPass passwords to 1Password. I downloaded a utility I found on your site: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/30286/mrcs-convert-to-1password-utility/p1. I recall some reference to date in it and probably ignored it. I'm certainly not an expert, but I'd put my bet there.

As it stands now I can edit existing passwords but can not add any new ones. (I was able to add new ones before the import.) Is there a way I can override this so I can continue on with my evaluation? If I delete the app and reinstall will that do it? Will I lose my converted passwords? I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but I 'think' I like 1Password but don't want to be buy it and be dissatisfied.

Thanks,
    Ted

• Hey Ted,

Thanks for writing in again.

That's very odd indeed. The use of the conversion tool has no influence on the trial. The counter start when you first launch 1Password after installation. Which is why I asked whether your PC had a different date set recently.

Can you please send us an email to support+windows@agilebits.com and reference this discussion thread in the email?
    We're sure that we can find a solution for this.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.