New tab hangs in Internet Explorer

hennahairgel
hennahairgel
Community Member
edited March 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

In general things work, but when I open links in a new tab from the bbc news website (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news) they hang, i.e. never open and I have to go to the task manager to kill IE. Chrome & Firefox work fine, and other websites are OK. Just the BBC.... I run IE11 as my primary browser (yeah, yeah) and it opens with 3 tabs, BBC, Facebook and Twitter. This behaviour only occurred after installing 1P and all else is the same. Not sure where to start debugging...

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604 (15)
Extension Version: 4.6.0.604 (IE)
OS Version: Win7
Sync Type: local

Comments

• Hi @hennahairgel,

Can you open Internet Explorer, click on the 1Password icon and go to Settings > Open Login to select Current tabs.

Once you do that, restart Internet Explorer and see if this works better.

• hennahairgel
    hennahairgel
    Community Member

Hiya,

I've tried that but no change ;-(

Next idea?

Cheers.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hennahairgel: I'm not actually able to reproduce this issue with either setting. Please restart Windows. I suspect that will clear up whatever is causing this. Let me know what you find! :)

• Hi @hennahairgel,

If the reboot doesn't help, try disabling all add-ons in IE first, restart IE and test the site. If the issue is gone, turn both 1Password add-ons back on and restart IE, does the issue reappear?

To disable the add-ons, click on the gear icon on top right of IE to select Manage Add-ons.

• hennahairgel
    hennahairgel
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT
    That's the trick.... There were two plugin for 1Password, one of which had a Navigation time of 26.75s. Disabling that seems to resolve things and I've not noticed anything else wrong.
    Cheers.

• Hi @hennahairgel,

If you turn it back on, does it cause the issue again?

This discussion has been closed.