Hi. Clicking on the icon in IE does nothing (Firefox is fine). I've done the troubleshooting.

Everything works fine in Firefox, but the icon is dead in IE 11. (I downloaded it to Firefox and the IE browser extension was automatically checked. It has the administrator shield. Does that make a difference?). I've done all the unchecking of boxes, managing of add-ons, etc. I can open "1 Password 4" from "Start, All Programs," but not "1 Password" with Search, Favorites, Tags, Password Generator, and the rest of the list, including the automatic logins, like I can do in Firefox. I need to open it in IE because there's a specific site that works only in IE. I'm running Windows 8.1, 64-bit, 1 Password version 4.6.0.604 (15), Extension version 4.5.4 (Mozilla Firefox), OS version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1, Sync Type Dropbox. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:explorer, kb:keyboard-shortcut-not-working, kb-search:internet explorer 11, kb:disable-enhanced-protected-mode

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Sharon12354: If you've already tried everything, I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done! ;)

Fortunately, there must be something that has't been tried, or you wouldn't be here now. Let's see if we can narrow it down. :sunglasses:

It sounds like you're seeing the 1Password icon in Internet Explorer, but it simply isn't responding. Is that correct?

You'll also need to make sure that Internet Explorer's settings are correct.

Then both 1Password add-ons will need to be enabled. If the button doesn't respond, does the Ctrl \ keyboard shortcut work?

If you're still having trouble, you'll need to disable the Internet Explorer add-on completely in 1Password Preferences > Browsers, restart Windows, re-enable the Internet Explorer add-on, and allow 1Password to install it.

And if it still isn't working, some other software on the computer is preventing 1Password from communicating with it. Do you have "security" software that might be interfering for some reason? Please let me know. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

This discussion has been closed.