1Password has stopped working on Windows 10

alex33
alex33
Community Member
edited March 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I installed 1Password 4 (4.6.0.604). after selecting "I am new to 1Password" I get an error message: "1Password has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly." I have removed and reinstalled three times.

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: NA
Referrer: ug:windows/quick-start, kb-search:1password 4 will not start, kb-search:how to submit question

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@alex33: Sorry for the trouble! If you're still encountering this issue, the best thing to do will be to restart your PC, which may resolve the issue right off the bat. If not, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• Hi @alex33,

You may not be able to generate the report if 1Password crashes right after selecting I'm new to 1Password.

Can you tell us if you have any third party anti-malware solution installed on your PC? If yes, can you try temporarily disabling it and try again with 1Password? The solution may be preventing 1Password from creating files, causing it to crash.

Also, let us know the name of the solution.

This discussion has been closed.