Code signature could not be verified - Chrome (Sophos)

dhamilton
dhamilton
Community Member
edited March 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

I followed the guide at; https://support.1password.com/invalid-code-signature-win/
The only thing that fixed it was turning off "verify web browser code signature".
This issue occurred after I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. All was working fine before.

I havent tried uninstalling 1Password and reinstalling it but I would like to try avoid this if its possible...
Chome is up to date.

Thanks,
Dan Hamilton

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dhamilton: You shouldn't have to reinstall 1Password. After all, 1Password won't block its own connections! ;)

While it may be a coincidence, many folks (myself included) were surprised to find that Windows settings (in this case network, firewall, and proxy are the ones that require our attention) were reset/changed during the upgrade. You'll need to make sure that Windows settings (or any "security" software you may be using) are not preventing 1Password from communicating to the extension:

How to resolve “code signature could not be verified” (Windows)

Ultimately while disabling the check will get it working, it is an important security feature (to verify that the browser is genuine), and you'll want to know what might be causing the problem as it could cause other issues as well. Please let me know what you find!

• dhamilton
    dhamilton
    Community Member

Hey!

I uninstalled Sophos and that didn't fix it so it wasn't my AV playing up.
    I saw you mentioned proxy, of which I saw a setting that I didn't think was right however I didn't think it would change itself...

Preferences>Network> I changed this back to "No proxy server" and it is working.
    Before I changed it, the setting was on "Auto-detect proxy settings"

Thanks for your help :chuffed: I am back up and running on my Work Windows PC with 1Password.

• dhamilton
    dhamilton
    Community Member

I was wrong, it's just suddenly stopped working again...
    It was working fine originally with Sophos reinstalled but has stopped working again.

Please advise.

• MikeT
    edited March 2016

Hi @dhamilton,

Can you try this guide to configure Sophos to work with 1Password here: https://support.1password.com/configure-sophos/win.html

• dhamilton
    dhamilton
    Community Member

And it is working :)

Thank you very much.

• Hi @dhamilton - I'm so glad that guide to configure Sophos helped, thanks for letting us know. Have a great week!

This discussion has been closed.