1Password icon still button in IE.

I originally had the button, but after resetting all IE settings to default, all customizations went away. The add-on was disabled.
After this, the add-on won't show up when enabled.

Followed recommendations from other articles:

• IE allows extensions
  • add-on is enabled
  • re-installed the add-on from 1Password

Still have no button I can add to the Command bar.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.6.0.604
OS Version: W7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:missing-extension-button

Comments

• reedmohn
    reedmohn
    Community Member

Clarification:
    I meant that the "IE settings reset" automatically disabled the add-on, presumably since the reset cleared all "personal settings".

• Hi @reedmohn,

Can you open Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon on top right and select Manage Add-ons. Select Toolbars and extensions on the left and then can you confirm that the two 1Password components are set to Enabled? It sounds like one is disabled while the other one may be enabled.

If both are enabled, try this instead:

1. Open the main 1Password app, unlock, go to the File Menu > Preferences > Browsers and deselect the box next to Internet Explorer, press OK.
    2. Restart the computer and repeat step 1 but this time, check the box for Internet Explorer before pressing OK.
    3. Open Internet Explorer and see if 1Password works, you may have to try enabling it via Manage Add-ons again.
  • reedmohn
    reedmohn
    Community Member

Mike,

Thanks! That was exactly the problem: there was one add-on (in the "unknown publisher" section) that was disabled.

Anders RM

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of MikeT, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.