Dropbox syncing one way

This discussion was created from comments split from: Dropbox sync with iPhone and iPad.

Comments

• blakewood1
    blakewood1
    Community Member

It appears that Logins created or modified in the Windows App (4.6.0.604) sync fine down to the iOS App (6.3.1) when using DropBox. Not the other way around however. I have tried creating new logins on iOS and modifying existing ones. In both cases these changes never sync up so they can be seen down in the Windows app. I'd like to be able to make changes to my login information in the field so being able to make those from iOS and view in the Window application would be nice. We started with 1Password a long time ago. Is it possible that a legacy data format is preventing the sync back the other direction from the iOS app?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@blakewood1: I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off from that old discussion about someone else's issue so we can focus on yours

I'm sorry that you're having trouble getting Dropbox to sync new data from 1Password for iOS to 1Password for Windows. Both apps actually support both the old and new data formats, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Can you tell me the exact path listed to the vault on each device? You can find this in 1Password for Windows Preferences > General, and 1Password for iOS Settings > Sync > (Vault) > Sync Service.

Also, are you having this issue only with new Login items created on iOS? How about other item types, or changes to existing items? Before making any changes, be sure to backup your data on each device:

1Password Backup FAQ (Windows)

1Password Backup and Restore (iOS)

Then, follow the steps in this guide to verify your Dropbox setup, and that files are in fact syncing in both directions:

Dropbox troubleshooting

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

This discussion has been closed.