master password works on 1st windows computer and on iphone but does not work on 2nd windows compute

1Password works great on 1st windows computer and on iPhone but when I added 1Password to the second windows computer it keeps saying
"Your 1Password Vault could not be unlocked with the password your provided." That password works on the 1st windows computer and on the iPhone.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:master password works on 1st windows computer and on iphone but does not work on 2nd windows compute

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hpledger: It sounds like you may simply be opening a different vault (with a different Master Password), or there could be an input problem on that particular computer. Unfortunately without the basic information you omitted from your post it's hard to do more than speculate. Please tell me all OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, how are you syncing data between devices? If you're using Dropbox, for example, the paths on each device will need to match exactly, or you won't be using the same vault on each. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• hpledger
    hpledger
    Community Member

Computer 1
    1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
    Extension Version: ????
    OS Version: Windows 10 Pro Version 1511
    Sync Type: Dropbox

Computer 2
    1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
    Extension Version: ????
    OS Version: Windows 10 Home Version 1511

iPhone
    1Password Version: 6.3.1
    Extension Version: 1Bowser
    OS Version: 9.2.1

Computer 2 is the one I can't get to work. When I go to "open vault" I get message that "Your Password Vault could not unlock with the password provided" That same password works on Computer 1 and on iPhone.

If I go to open new vault - I get "Cannot create a 1Password Vault inside another vault"

• Hi @hpledger,

On the first PC, open 1Password and go to the Help Menu > Check for New Version to update it to the latest version, reboot after this.

Open 1Password on both PCs, unlock and go to the File Menu > Preferences > General. Look at the path next to 1Password Vault, do they end in the same vault file inside Dropbox folder?

If I go to open new vault - I get "Cannot create a 1Password Vault inside another vault

That's because you've tried to save a new vault within another vault or at least a folder that ends in .opvault or .agilekeychain.

• hpledger
    hpledger
    Community Member

Thank you. It now works. Turns out I had to uninstall Dropbox and install Dropbox again as a new user. Thanks again.

• Ah, thanks for letting us know what you had to do to fix this.

You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.