Sync Problems with WIFI

Hello,

I'm using 1PW on my Windows Client and my iPhone since several months. In the last time I have some problems to sync my vault between the Windows Version and my iOS Device. Both clients are in the same WLAN, but I need several tries (close App again and again) until the Windows version will find my iPhone and the Password Popup to sync my Vault will appear.
I'm not really sure, if the problem exists since my last iPhone recovery last week or since the last iOS 1PW Update.

Are there some known issues?

Regards
Finke

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @finke03,

I'm not really sure, if the problem exists since my last iPhone recovery last week or since the last iOS 1Password Update.

What do you mean by recovery, was it reset completely?

Both clients are in the same WLAN, but I need several tries (close App again and again) until the Windows version will find my iPhone and the Password Popup to sync my Vault will appear.

This usually means there's a network interference. Are you restarting the iOS app or the Windows app? It is the iOS app that will seek out the PC, not the other way around. You should be pressing the refresh list button in the Wi-Fi Sync list instead to find the PC.

• Finke03
    Finke03
    Community Member

What do you mean by recovery, was it reset completely?

Yes in the last week I did reset the iPhone completely and recovered it from a backup via iTunes.

Are you restarting the iOS app or the Windows app?

I'm moving the iOS App to the background (not really a restart). I'm figured out that it most of time works after minimizing the 1PW iPhone, open a URL in Safari and maximize the 1PW again.

• Hi @Finke03,

That's basically restarting the Wi-Fi sync in the iOS app, it won't work in the background and is shut down as soon as you minimized it.

I would recommend rebooting your iOS devices and Windows PC at the same time and try again, this often fixes these Bonjour-related issues.

• Finke03
    Finke03
    Community Member

Hi MikeT,

a restart did not solve the problem.
    It's crazy because it did work very well in the past.

I will try it on the next weekend in another WIFI network.

Regards

Finke

• Hi @finke03,

Try this:

1. Reinstall Bonjour on your PC and reboot
    2. Open the main 1Password program on the PC, go to the File Menu > Wi-Fi sync, press Generate New Secret, and keep this dialog open
    3. Open 1Password on your iPhone, go to Settings > Sync, tap on the vault you're using and then tap on Sync Service ..Wi-Fi, tap on Change Wi-Fi. It should then find your PC, tap on it and enter the new secret. Try the Wi-Fi sync now to see if it is working better.

Let me know if it helps at all.

• Finke03
    Finke03
    Community Member

Hi MikeT,

I will keep your instructions in mind. In the past I had some bad experinces with reinstallation of Bonjour Service. Before I do that, I will try it first in another network and on another client with the iPhone of my wife.

If I need more help, I will come back to you.

Thanks a lot

Finke

• Sure thing but a simple Bonjour reinstallation shouldn't cause bad experiences and if it does, that may explain the problem, there may be a configuration issue in the network.

• Finke03
    Finke03
    Community Member

Hi MikeT,

I tried it on the client of my wife and her iPhone. It looks like the same.
    The interessting thing is, that while trying the first sync a window from the Windows Firewall popups.
    But we did not use the Windows Firewall and it's disabled.
    Is it possible that there are some 1PW issues since the last Windows 10 update?

Regards

Finke

• Hi @Finke03,

I tried it on the client of my wife and her iPhone. It looks like the same.

Same PC?

Is it possible that there are some 1Password issues since the last Windows 10 update?

A lot of people would report this issue and I would see it as well but so far, nothing. 1Password on the iOS device is picking up my PC right away and consistently, no issues there.

There was a glitch when someone upgraded from an early Windows version to Windows 10, in which the Wi-Fi network was set to be private instead of home.

Try this:

1. Click on Start Menu, go to Settings and select Network & Internet
    2. Click on the Wi-Fi on the left side bar and then click on the Wi-Fi - Connected button (if the PC is wired, choose Ethernet)
    3. Now, turn on Make this PC discoverable

Log out and log back in, see if that helps.

The interessting thing is, that while trying the first sync a window from the Windows Firewall popups. But we did not use the Windows Firewall and it's disabled.

That is interesting and can in fact block 1Password from working correctly if it is not configured correctly.

I would suggest revisiting the firewall and add a whitelist for 1Password just in case. Here's our guide on this: https://support.1password.com/configure-windows-firewall-proxy/

This discussion has been closed.