change weak or old passwords on a pc

dtvz
dtvz
Community Member
edited March 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

While searching for the easiest method to update passwords (not my master password, but weak or old passwords on various sites) I can find a great deal of information for Macs, but considerably less information for using PCs. I just updated my password on the agilebits forum (something I would have thought would be a perfect example, since 1Password is an Agilebits product) using a description found in the knowledge-base. There's no hovering, no 1Password mini, no way that I could discover to copy the old password for input within the browser environment (though I can open the desktop version as a work-around). Generating a new password is easy within the browser version, but once the new password is inputted and repeated on the website, I wasn't presented with a confirmation to save the new password automatically for future use. I know how to manually copy and paste old and new passwords out of the desktop version of 1Password, but I was searching for methods of updating passwords within the browser environment. I know enough to cover my bases with manually copying and pasting into and out of the desktop version, but haven't found the easiest way to do updates within the browser environment. Every video I've found so far looks completely different than what I see on my screen... so I'm assuming those are videos for the Mac environment. Where can I find information concerning the easiest method to update passwords within the PC environment ?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: Win7
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:change passwords pc -master

Comments

• dtvz
    dtvz
    Community Member
    edited March 2016

Digging a little further I found: https://support.1password.com/guides/windows/change-password.html
    One thing missing is on item 5... which should be obvious, but some might not remember... is that you have to right click to "Locate your existing Login item for the site." After following the instructions exactly, I was able to change the password, with the confirmation notice displaying. So... my question is answered and I should be able to repeat the process on other sites.

• Hi @dtvz,

You're absolutely right, it should've mentioned to right-click on the item to show its details view. We apologize about that and I've filed a report to have this fixed soon.

Thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.