Windows 10- NEW Unlock issue, 1P is opened with passcode, but shows as locked when going to sites

Been using 1Pass with no problems (love the program), now all the sudden in last couple days i have problems. I click on the 1P icon to open it and enter my password, it opens and I see all my login info for sites, but the task bar icon still shows as locked. Within 1P i click on a login site to open, which it does, but then it ask for my 1P password again to fill in the user and password info saying 1P is locked, however it is open on my computer screen and I see all my login info for all my sites. But the task bar icon shows it as still locked?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 00
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: none
Referrer: forum-search:Unlock issue password ok

Comments

• Hi @dftiz,

Can you restart your computer and tell me if it still happens? We've seen a few users said this but they said after a reboot, it resolved itself.

• dfitz
    dfitz
    Community Member

I have restarted several times over last couple days, same issue. If I click on 1P icon to open it (tray icon or desktop icon) and enter my 1P open password-1P opens to show all my login's, however the 1P icon in tray shows it as still locked and when I go to a 1P password protected site via 1P open site option, I get a message to unlock 1P.
    HOWEVER if I right click on the 1P tray icon and click unlock and enter 1P password to unlock, then the Lock symbol changes to unlocked and all works fine...

• dfitz
    dfitz
    Community Member

Another weird thing happens, if I click the "lock icon" when its unlocked and click drop down option to lock, the icon shows its locked but I can click on the "lock icon" and 1P opens...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016

@dfitz: That is really odd. Do you perhaps have "security" software which may be preventing 1Password from communicating (and therefore reflecting the lock state properly)? Definitely also try installing a fresh copy of 1Password, in case the installation is damaged for some reason. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to haring back from you!

• dfitz
    dfitz
    Community Member

How do I install a fresh copy of 1P? Will doing that impact my data password files?

• @dfitz - Reinstalling the 1Password app will not affect your 1Password data. Can you reinstall as follows -

Click on Start > Control Panel > Programs&Features - find 1Password in the list and click on Uninstall.

Re-download from here -
    https://agilebits.com/downloads

Please let us know if this helps.

• dfitz
    dfitz
    Community Member

I did reinstall and all seems to be working correctly again. No problems the reinstall was easy. Thanks, I really like using 1P.

• Hi @dfitz,

That's great to hear, thanks for taking the time to update this thread to let us know.

This discussion has been closed.