Share/copy failed to transfer all logins to 1P for teams. Showed # 'Failed'. What was missed?

I'm looking to adopt 1Password for Families across 3 generations of family on Windows (10, 7), Mac OSX, Android, and iOS. Most already use standalone version with their own vaults, synced by Drop-box. On transferring my logins from my existing vault on Win10, was told that 17 Failed, not sure which ones. I can't migrate and lose logins so have stopped here. Also, have heard that Family syncing won't work on Win7. I like the idea of monthly $ for multiple family members, but we can't make the switch at this point due to these issues.

Ideally, all the existing vaults would automatically become "Family"-synced, restricted to the member who just joined. Then we could start putting certain logins into a shared vault. Not sure why existing vaults are difficult to add to the new Family plan. Please let me know if I'm missing something.

1Password Version: 2016.03.2101
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Families
Referrer: kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• Hi @guy_davis - Thank you for your interest in 1Password for Families. As you have seen already, we do have a Windows 10 app which is in beta, and works great with Families. We built this from the ground up to use the latest and greatest technologies from Microsoft and it is available from the Windows Store.

With that said, we know Windows 10 adoption is very small so since the beginning we have had a separate Windows team working on adding support for older versions of Windows. This is slower going as we're not able to use all the bells and whistles Microsoft has added in the last few versions, but I have no doubt that we'll eventually be successful here as well. Once the new version is available, we will be announcing it in our newsletter (https://agilebits.com/newsletter) and on our blog (https://blog.agilebits.com).

In the meantime if you don't have Windows 10 you can access and edit your 1Password for Families vaults in a browser on your Windows PC and this works well.

The easiest way to move your existing vaults to your Family vaults is from the 1Password Mac app. This support article explains how to import your data.

Please let us know if this helps.

This discussion has been closed.