"Call for help" Nuked Family

RonHeiby
RonHeiby
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Clicking on the "Call for help" button to report my desire for the "All Vaults" feature, the app closed. Re-opening, I found that all of my Family vaults were basically gone.

Fortunately, there were just gone from the Windows app. I was able to delete my family "team" and re-add it and everything seems back to normal.

One other thing: In the team deletion process, it asks if I want to delete it from all my Windows devices. Seems like a weird question. Do you really go around deleting my team from all of my Windows machines? Looks like you didn't delete it from the Mac and, I hope, from my iOS / Android devices.

1Password Version: 2016.3.2000
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox / Family

Comments

• @RonHeiby thanks for bringing this to our attention! The wording about "all windows devices" is obsolete, months ago we used roaming Windows user profile to store connection settings, that allowed you to sign in on your Windows desktop and have your data accessible on the Windows phone as well. That roaming proved to bring more trouble than help, so we took it away. But wording must be revised too.

We are fixing an issue when freshly signed in 1Password accounts are loosing settings and appears with empty titles, red warnings and otherwise unusable on Windows app. Good thing is that no data is hurt or lost, it's just Windows app forgot how to connect to server. Next time you sign in, just let app show you your vaults and restart it, I suspect that will minimize chance for settings loss while we are fixing it.

This discussion has been closed.