Attachments in iOS

Options
JPires
JPires
Community Member

When will it be possible to add attachments in iOS?
Regards,
Jorge

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:pro-features-faq

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@JPires - I am not an AgileBits employee, but I've been participating in these forums long enough that I am confident in answering your question.

AgileBits does not comment on whether new features will be coming or when they might arrive. They do so to avoid disappointing users if something happens and they cannot deliver what they planned to. Regarding this particular feature, which is very frequently requested, there has been some recent commentary from AgileBits people that says that if this feature ever is added to the iOS applications, it will not be in the near future, because they are focused on other priorities at the moment.

So for the foreseeable future, the only way to have attachments on your iOS devices will be to add them to a Windows or Mac installation and sync them to iOS.

I know that wasn't what you were hoping for as a response, but I think it's better to know the situation than to wonder about it.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JPires,

welcome to the 1Password forum.

As @hawkmoth mentioned correctly we don't usually comment on when a feature will be available. However I can assure you that adding attachments and documents on iOS is something that has a high priority on our todo list. We are aware of how much users would love to see this feature being adding (me being one of them). Please be patient with us just a little bit longer. Thanks!

• tbrar
    tbrar
    Community Member
    Options

Hi on your website and the reason I had my wife by one password was , that unlike ewallet (which I have) it is listed that you can add attachments. Then on your site it says all pro features are availed on IOS. It turns out or appears that attachments and photos is not available on IOS and we don't have a MAC. Please refund us the money unless this feature is coming out in the next week.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: kb:pro-features-faq

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tbrar: I'm sorry for the confusion! As mentioned on the website's Pro Features description and in the app itself, the Pro upgrade allows viewing attachments:

While we'd certainly like to make it possible to add and manage attachments in 1Password for iOS, it isn't something that is coming next week. And since the App Store is owned and operated solely by Apple, it isn't possible for AgileBits to process any refunds there — we don't even have access to sales records to verify the purchase. You would need to contact Apple for assistance with that.

I'm sorry that this isn't the answer you were looking for, but feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

• landwpublic
    landwpublic
    Community Member
    Options

Hello there...I think this feature would be so useful. any update on when this might become available? It would be good from within the app to access photos, but also to be able form other apps to pen the share sheet, going into 1 password and be prompted with the question as to whether to add the attachment to an existing or new password. That would be useful functionality and would add to the value of 1P significantly.

• landwpublic
    landwpublic
    Community Member
    Options

Any update on this? This was back in March and we are now in September :). Would be such a great feature. AS i said in a related post it would be good from within the app to access photos, but also to be able from other apps (scanning apps fro example) to open the share sheet, goi into 1 password and be prompted with the question as to whether to add the attachment to an existing or new password. That would be useful functionality and would add to the value of 1P significantly.

• Hi @landwpublic

Welcome to the forums! Thanks for taking the time to write in.

We do hope to be able to add Document support for 1Password.com accounts to 1Password for iOS soon. We currently have the ability to add photos in beta. At present this only applies to 1Password.com subscription accounts. We may be able to add support for local vaults in the future, but that'll likely be further out if at all.

Thanks!

Ben

P.S. In the future please try and avoid posting nearly duplicate messages in multiple threads. :) I've merged the two original threads together now as they are on the same topic.

• landwpublic
    landwpublic
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks Ben..and on multiple threads...apologies :)

• No worries!

Ben

• MdotR
    MdotR
    Community Member
    Options

I'm a bit confused to how I have some attachments already in my iOS app (pictures of my ID and some other documents) but I am no longer able to add new ones... I had no idea that was a beta feature... I do have a Mac and Windows license... was it possibly uploaded through there? Must've randomly discovered it late one night and am now just needing it for other things :(

• @MdotR

I do have a Mac and Windows license... was it possibly uploaded through there?

Yep, I suspect that is exactly the case.

Also, just to clarify, the beta feature is only for 1Password.com vaults. It doesn't have any effect on standalone vaults, which is what you have if you have a license (and not a subscription).

Ben

• MdotR
    MdotR
    Community Member
    Options

Well thank you for the clarification. I appreciate it. A bit tedious to have to take a pic on my phone, transfer it over to my PC, and then use the desktop version to add it... but at least it's available.

• No problem!

but at least it's available.

Indeed. :)

Hopefully a workflow that we can improve in the future.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.